View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 04:20 PM   #53
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is kind of funny to look back at the first couple pages of reviews from the Last Jedi thread...I feel like I pretty much nailed my review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Thought it was good but not great. Think I liked Force Awakens better.

One that I think the diehard fans of the series won’t like as much as the general public. Fans of the series want the history to be present and on the forefront. So not having Snoke be important with a back story, and not revealing Rey’s parents as a “Skywalker or Kenobi” means that it breaks that history.

For me personally there were just some parts that dragged on and they didn’t leave enough (any?) sort of cliffhanger at the end. Could go anywhere from here and I feel like a bit more suspense at the end would have helped it all.

For me the tone at the end of that movie felt like the end of an arc - which is maybe what they wanted with Luke/Hans dead and Carrie gone in real life. Would not be surprised at all if Carrie’s death gets mentioned in the scroll of 9 and it starts with her funeral.
It's also why I think Disney is going to have a hard time generating hype for Episode IX. They closed off the past heros arcs already with Luke and Hans being gone, they didn't really leave a big cliffhanger on Snoke or Rey's parentage (unless they turn that back around), and there aren't any real questions about Kylo/Rey's motives at this point.

It's hard to speculate about where this movie could go because really at this point it could go anywhere - almost feels like the start of a new trilogy at this point rather than a continuation of the last two (which kind of feel like there own "tying the past to the future" two part mini-series).

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 07-09-2018 at 04:24 PM.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote