View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 03:41 PM   #1293
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCaper View Post
Hey guys. I finally got married this past Saturday and my new bride and I are off to Vegas tomorrow for a little RnR. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with getting cheaper upgrades while there for their honeymoon. We're definitely playing it up with Just Married tshirts and such. Just wanted some feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
I tried the $20 ($40) sandwich trick (A 20 dollar note between the driver's license and credit card upon check-in) with 100% success. Depends on the property you are staying at, though. I have tried it both at the Bally's and The Venetian. Mentioning you are on a honeymoon definitely helps too. Look it up online and you can always ask for extra things as well.

Gotten things like significant room upgrade, early check in(when there was atleast a 50 people line-up for just bag drop due to a conference happening) and late check-out, waiving off resort fee, food and drink coupons etc. Also have heard of people getting show tickets etc. We also ended up getting the extra person cost waived. Significant savings, all things considered.

Congrats on the wedding!

Definitely fold a $20 and put it between your credit card and drivers licence when you're checking in at the front desk. Smile and be friendly and ask if there is any complimentary upgrades for the newly weds. If there isn't any upgrades you'll get the $20 back. However at this time of year, I suspect you have a good chance to get a room upgrade. Especially with a mid-week check in... depends on how long you're staying though.

Even if they can't upgrade you, you'll get some sort of perk or commemoration of your wedding. They may send up complimentary chocolates and/or cheap wine and flowers. My friends were recently there and staying at Mirage. They were there for one of their birthdays and their room keys weren't the typical hotel advertisement of their restaurants or shows, it was merely "Happy Birthday!".

Where are you staying?

Last edited by Buff; 08-12-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post: