Thread: Dad bods
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 12:06 PM   #36
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I was curious what was meant by that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I would like to trim down to my natural body weight but my doctor advises me there’s no reason to change my lifestyle as long as it’s working.
Your doctor is basically telling you that your current level of fitness is keeping you out of the higher health risk categories, which is great considering I'd wager a sizable (heh) portion of the population is most assuredly not doing so great in that regard.

The only reason to strive for more is for yourself, if that's what you want. I have personal goals I want to hit, so -- even though my doctor has told me I'm fine where I am -- I continue to push myself to be better, which is something I personally value. You have to make that determination for yourself as to what you want to do.

On the subject of 'dadbods', everyone seems to have their own sliding scale for what qualifies as a 'dadbod' to the point that I don't think it even means anything anymore beyond a nebulous concept of presently being out of shape "but I used to be fit". Visceral fat is strongly correlated with type 2 diabetes (which my father has, thereby putting me at greater risk for getting it), so it's no bueno as far as I'm concerned.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: