View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #59
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
TIL that the safe injection sites don't actually require the patrons to stay on site under supervision. It's simply a place to collect fresh needles and they can go off site. No wonder this crap is everywhere.

I was onboard with these safe injection sites as I thought giving the users a safe place to consume their drugs was a good idea, under medical supervision. If I had known it was simply a needle pick up place and they are free to use them outside...that kind of changes how I view it.

So instead of dirty HIV needles lying in parks and playgrounds, it's non-HIV needles in parks and playgrounds?

I mean, I guess that's better

I've had the displeasure of seeing intravenous users inject themselves, and the very last thing on their mind is making sure the needles are disposed of properly. It's the same reason you see condoms and cigarette butts lying around in some places. People dont' give a crap when their all hopped up and had their fix. Very few people walk around with a dirty cigarette butt/needle looking for a garbage can when it's easier to toss it aside.

I can totally understand why residents would be angry about this.

See, I thought the idea behind safe injection sites was to give them access to clean needles, and clean drugs and help. And be able to encourage addicts and educate them.

If its just a drive through and these problems are happening, then there's a strategic problem.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: