View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 02:19 PM   #42
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronck View Post
Is closing? It's a dive but I've seen a few good shows there over the years-

Anyone catch the "Kiss guy" video- totally awesome- it's like a fantasy I've had since I was a kid. Foo fighters are so great live and so much fun

"Last night Dave Grohl made a point to call out the dude wearing the Gene Simmons "KISS" makeup down front and invited him onstage. Apparently the dude was holding up a sign earlier in the night that said "Let me play Monkey Wrench..." and Dave obliged. As surprised as "Kiss Guy" was at actually being invited onstage, it's apparent that Dave was equally surprised when the dude got up there and totally and didn't "#### the bed in front of his home town" but instead he absolutely killed it! (Be sure to pay attention to the end of his fist guitar solo and the beginning of the second verse at 3:24 where Dave laughs out loud in disbelief and then forgets the words to the song!)

Sidenote - on the way out of the parking lot after the show, we happened to spot "Kiss Guy" and we decided to stop and take a photo with him. His name is Yayo Sanchez and he's an Austin native and the ticket to the Foo Fighters show was a gift from his mother for his birthday. How cool is that? Happy birthday, Yayo - and great job up there last night!"
Typically fans invited on stage have been introduced before hand and rehearsed a little. That first little lick he does coming out of the intro is a live show add on and he knew to how to play it and that it would be him playing it.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: