View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 08:59 AM   #72
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
I've lived in both cities and the amount of speed enforcement is not even comparable. Mobile deployment by Edmonton is at least 5 times more, and speed traps run by EPS and peace officers are at least 3 times more. The eastern leg of the ring road here lies 2 feet outside of city limits, but obviously is still used primarily by Edmonton people. So it's a free for all for the sheriffs and peace officers. They run a massive trap 3 times a week unlike anything I've ever seen in Calgary even one time.
I was visiting friends in Edmonton recently, and as we drove in, I noticed a white pickup parked at the side of the road.

This was on the QE II just before it turns into Gateway Blvd, at the city limits. The speed limit drops from 110 to 90 in that area, and it might have dropped further to 80 at that point, I don't remember.

The vehicle had amber flashing lights on top of it, and the words "City of Edmonton" were written across the side. It looked similar to the Carmacks (sp?) trucks we see on Stoney here in Calgary.

I slowed down just out of pure habit, cause I don't take any chances with cars parked on the side of the road, especially in Edmonton. I was surprised to see the giant camera on the dashboard, and the flash went off when the car next to me went by him at about 100.

Edmonton Police are really sneaky about that ####.

Last edited by Stealth22; 11-01-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote