View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 07:51 PM   #8
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
I think we need a wine thread
Finally! I was waiting for some other wino to start this thread.

I spend summers drunk in Kelowna and from what I can remember my favourite vineyard/winery is Edge of the Earth somewhere in the hills around Armstrong. They don't sell in liquor stores so you have to go there or order on line. But it's ten bucks a bottle. Or a hundred bucks a case. And really really good. Held its own at a table of snobs. They literally slap the labels on in their garage while you hang out in their front yard with their dog and a bottle of blush.

Their best is an unknown varietal they planted twenty years ago they've named Argus. It was a clipping they swiped from Grey Monk and it is so far unrecognizable to viniculturalists in the area. They have a bear that guards the grapes from the deer all summer but as payment he usually wipes out a row or two just before harvest. Last year he chose the Argus grapes. So it was in short supply and gone until the 2018 bottles are released.

Their White Malbec is also good.

Another fav is...Rhymes with Door Hinge from The Hatch. It's a unique style of wine...orange...that you won't see very often...

https://thehatchwines.com/product/rh...-hatch-orange/

I might add some more as memories return.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post: