View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 10:21 PM   #21
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Atkins should be canned and James Click can be promoted.

Schneider canned. Mattingly canned. Martinez canned. Pete Walker is a good pitching coach who should be kept but he’s also part of the management and if they need a clean slate, I’d be ok with letting him go and have the new manager choose their guy.

Chapman is not going to be worth half of what he’s going to be paid. Let someone else do the repaying. Replace him with Barger/Martinez.

Merrifield’s option is way too high so let him go. He had a WAR of 0.8 - a combo of Biggio/Espinal/Schneider should help replace him.

Kiermaier is probably the hardest to replace. Varsho at CF is a good defensive replacement but you’ve got to then replace Varsho. I doubt KK is going to come back at a discount. I think this is the position that you need to fill with a bigger bat. There aren’t any free agents that are super intriguing so I think it might need to be addressed via trade.

I’m not convinced that Manoah will pitch for the Jays ever again. I don’t know if he’ll ever pitch anywhere in the majors again. Hopefully, he can get whatever it is inside his brain and body fixed to get him going in the right direction. Hopefully Tiedemann can have an outstanding off season and force the team to bring him into the rotation.

The rest of the starting rotation is set but they are also a year older so that is a bit concerning.

As I mentioned in a different thread, I would heavily pursue re-signing Hicks. His stuff is too good to let walk away. While the bullpen was excellent this year…I’m not completely confident that, even with a lot of the same players, that they’ll be able to duplicate their success. I think Richards is closer to the guy he was before this season than he was before he went on the DL. Maybe he was burned out and the off-season will do him some good but I wouldn’t bet on him. Swanson also seemed to get beaten up and hopefully can get back to his early season self. Romano can be an adventure if he is under rested, over rested, or pitching in a non save situation.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote