View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 01:02 AM   #58
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper_3434 View Post
Flames right wing depth:
Frolik (ideal second liner/ complimentary player)
Ferland (natural LW, utility forward but still has upside to be more)
Brouwer (bad season otherwise good middle six player in his career)
Lazar (management sees him as a third liner long-term, also play center)
Chiasson ( lots of posters saying not to offer him a contract, was actually quite good in the bottom 6)
Tkachuk (plays LW but has played RW has the most upside and skill of all wingers not named Gaudreau)
Versteeg (versatile skilled player, not under contract yet)

Don't see where Iginla fits here, he's not top end anymore which is the only RW we need. Personally I see him as a grinder at 5 on 5 with the skills to score on the power play. Doesn't bring much offence at even strength or defence really, but plays physically. I see him being more valuable to other teams.
Of the players you mentioned, Brouwer, Lazar, Chiasson and Versteeg are right handed shooters. Of those, Brouwer, Chiasson, and Versteeg are natural right wingers. All the others are left handed shots and natural positions are left wing, with the exception of Frolik who was a natural center but is placed as a right wing but also plays all 3 forward postions.

So, if you're talking between Brouwer, Chaisson, and Versteeg vs Iginla, there's no doubt in my mind Iggy IS still the better right winger over the 3.