View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 12:51 PM   #516
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/petiti...erts-1.4518717

Found an interesting article about people in Ontario signing a petition to have people who call 911 to complain about Amber Alerts to get fined.

Quote:
On all five occasions that Amber Alerts have been issued in Ontario this year, police forces have had to plead with the public to stop flooding 911 operators with complaints about the broadcasts, some of which take place in the middle of the night.
Quote:
She said fines are necessary to dissuade people not only from complaining about a valuable service, but from monopolizing emergency resources that may be more urgently needed.
Yesterday on the radio they were talking about this, and they played some recordings from some people who had called 911 to complain about the Alerts. They played a recording of one guy, who I can only describe as the dumbest mother####er I've ever heard in my life, complain and rant to the dispatcher about being woken up. Dispatch tried to tell him it wasn't their fault, but he wasn't hearing anything of it.

911 resources being wasted on an idiot like that.

I'm one of those people who thinks the alerts should be able to be turned off if one chooses. But I'm also completely against people using valuable emergency resources to complain about things like this.

I'd be on board if people in Alberta who call 911 to complain about the AA get a huge fine.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: