View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 10:19 AM   #827
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
My friend said a similar thing. That he hopes his kids move away from Calgary as he feels the city has peaked. I see his point, but yours I think is too far.

Your infering that Calgary is bad now and for the next 20 years. Raising your kids now in Calgary is a no brainer. It a top 5 world city on many metrics. Safe, clean, relatively affordable. Heck the company I work for which is not in oil and massive will be here for the long haul.

Maybe just maybe your kids won’t want to stay, but there isn’t much chance of Calgary needing Robocop to patrol any time soon.
Which in its own way is kind of sad...it would be kind of cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I'm very happy we pursued this, and made an impact doing so in the process. I would have been way more pissed had we decided to pass on this RFP, so kudos to Calgary Economic Development for the City for identifying opportunities that can benefit our city and chasing them with a big league mindset.
Yeah, they took a big league swing. It didnt work out but they tried and were in the conversation.

I'll take trying and failing over not even trying any day.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote