View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 10:30 PM   #2
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't really see enough of him to make any solid decisions. He only played a couple of games, although I did like his use of size and that he plays a big game.

I don't think I'd offer him an NHL contract, but I see no harm offering him an AHL one with the understanding that he could spend considerable time in the ECHL as we have a number of Flames drafted Defence prospects coming in. Culkin, Kulak, Sieloff, Ramage, Kanzig and Roy will all be in the AHL next year. Wotherspoon could potentially be there as well and we signed Kenney Morrison who will also spend a good amount of time in the AHL. We will probably retain Stevenson on an AHL contract (if not somehow signed to an NHL one after his stint as a Black Ace) for his veteran, leadership and enforcing presence. I'm already up to 9 defenceman without naming anyone who would be a "long shot" to make the team.

You also have guys like Mark Cundari who could be signed again as a veteran guy for the team. With so many young rookies or 2nd year guys, we need a guy like Cundari around still to show them the way.

So yea, I'd like to see Yevenko signed to an AHL deal to keep him around due to his size, but I'm not sure if its feasible unless he's willing to spend some time in the ECHL.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post: