View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #2255
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Been thinking more about the Arya/campfire scene. I think the main point of the scene was to make Arya feel guilty about her actions towards the Freys. She had a weird awkward smile on her face through the scene, which I know think was guilt.

Arya initially went on her quest to seek revenge against the brutal murderers in her own history. When she kills an entire room full of Freys, she essentially becomes what she hated. Sure some of them were probably guilty, but many were probably just normal people who may or may not have had all that involvement or choice in the matter. The Lannister soldiers illustrate this. Her initial instinct was to grab her weapon and slaughter them, but she becomes disarmed by the singing....so yes, the singing did serve a purpose.
Hmm, don't agree.

I think it was having a meal with them that ultimately sealed their fate. Her initial instinct is to clutch her weapon because she is a young girl alone in the land of rape and honey.

She just slaughtered all the Freys for breaking bred and then massacring her family, I don't think she was about to turn around and do the same thing.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote