View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #293
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
I don't doubt his competitiveness. In fact, he's one of the most competitive goaltenders I've ever seen. But I don't think it's about motivation, he should've been motivated after his poor outing in game 2.

To me, It's his ability to track the puck and his rebound control that is in question. These are just technical issues that he's had his entire career to perfect and he hasn't been able to. Do You have the confidence in him to win 4 straight against the Ducks? If you don't, then he shouldn't be playing. I'll tell you one thing, he better have a short leash.
you'd be switching from a guy who you have low confidence in to a guy whom your confidence is based on one NHL regular season game...

as mentioned, murray gets brought up a lot, but in addition to a 10 game audition at the end of the season, he was killing it in the AHL with a 1.58 GAA and .941 SVV compared to Gillies 2.93 GAA and .910 SVV (SIAP)

not saying he isn't a great prospect, but with your season on the line, I don't know how you question picking Elliott...

I think that GG needs to keep him on a very short leash though...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote