View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 07:44 PM   #60
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envitro View Post
WTF is an "assaulter". I've never heard that term before, and I've been adjacent to this community for a while now.

Wouldn't "team member" be a bit more appropriate? Is this purposefully using aggressive sounding terminology?

Let's say the two JTF2 members were injured during an operation in foreign lands... would they still be calling them "assaulters".

I'm keenly aware of each member having a particular job, like "scout" or "sniper" or "breacher", but have never heard assaulter in this context.
Assaulter seems kind of formal for news media to use, but it's the proper designation for a standard JTF member. JTF2 was originally the RCMP's counterterrorism unit before it got transferred to the military.
The first role any JTF2 member gets trained on once they join is for the "assault'" role. For about 2 years, they'll learn everything they need to know about assaulting a structure and the bread and butter hostage rescue skills. After a year, they can start taking on additional specialties such as demo, sniper,..etc. However unless they specialize or become an officer, JTF members are mainly known as assaulters

LChoy