View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 08:36 AM   #260
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

It would appear the general consensus is that the red flags, all of them, are being lambasted by media/fans but I just don’t see it. I thought they were the correct decision.

Do these people not remember Massa at Hungary? You take an object to the face at 200mph and you’re lucky to survive. That gravel absolutely needed to be cleaned up and doing it in 60s spurts between laps un SC is not effective.

And Mags’ crash, same thing. Unless you effectively end the race by announcing you’ve no intention to restart at all because there’s not enough time to clean up the debris. But then what happens if a car gets a puncture from the debris and loses out because of it? Teams would be just as pissed.

The only argument I agree with is that they should look at whether or not red flag standing starts are safe that far into a race because of how dirty the non racing line gets with marbles from the tires.

Sainz deserved that penalty. Bad luck for him that the pack was bunched up but thems the breaks. They should also review Gasly coming back on track like a maniac without waiting. That’s a good way to get yourself killed.

Too bad about Albon. Not only for him and Williams but also his crash neutralized what might have been a fight between max and Lewis/George. I can’t imagine they keep him behind for long but you never know.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 04-02-2023 at 08:40 AM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: