View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 12:22 PM   #57
Nelson
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
You can always be faster for sure.

But I was just speaking to Monahan becoming "a different player". Has to be off the perimeter and into the muck more doesn't it?

To be honest I think the Colorado series was mostly between the ears. They got burned by McKinnon, the dmen starting backing in too much and the team lost their gap for transition.
I actually think Monahan does a fairly good job of getting into the muck. He scores a lot of goals from the hard areas to get to, but perhaps that's just me.

That's completely possible. I think the problems with the gap and the defencemen backing off had to do with team speed, but its also a good explanation that it was between the ears. Perhaps it was both. Maybe they got a little shocked by how fast the Avs were moving the puck through the neutral zone (both because of fast skating and puck movement) and then mentally went away from their forecheck and tight gaps in the neutral zone.

I don't know.

Either way, it is music to my ears that Monahan is working on speed and explosiveness, and I hope that Tkachuk is doing the exact same thing.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote