View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #365
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another bump to discuss some announcements I'm excited about and some that I'm sad about.

Writer Jonathan Hickman is returning to Marvel and is taking stewardship of the X-Men line. All of the current ongoing books and stories will be wrapped up before Hickman's work launches this summer. There are two 6 issue minis he is writing launching this summer, each being published every other week. Meaning he's got a 12 issue, 3 month story coming out before we see what launches out of his story.

The two books are called House of X and Powers of X (read Powers of Ten, X as a Roman numeral), and there has been a lot of art previews and teasers released - understandably, information about the story itself has been kept under wraps.

Large image behind tags
Spoiler!

Over at DC, writer Tom King's run on Batman has been cut short for reasons that aren't entirely clear to anyone from the outside looking in. The few details out there are summarized here.

And I'm kind of shook at the quick succession of announcements about series that I adore for their positivity that are ending soon.
  • Writer Jeremy Whitley announced that his second volume of The Unstoppable Wasp is ending with issue #10 in this Twitter thread.
  • The series Giant Days, a brilliant slice of life book about friends at University, is coming to an end with issue #55 as detailed here.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote