View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #783
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
I think play should have been stopped when Cory Perry was punching players on the bench. Goal 2 never would have happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
To me that's the play that completely turned the game around. And barely anyone is talking about it. Nothing on the panel, only like 4 people on CP (including me) even noticed it. Last time I checked, it was a penalty when a player on the ice start chucking their fists at players on the bench. At the very least, a whistle. At the most, a game misconduct.

Yes that goal was weak. But it shouldn't have even counted. An official was right there telling him to leave his stick, and instead Perry start punching Flames' players. No stoppage in play. Goal.

To me that was a worse blown call then the high stick. Even as Perry was punching away, you could see the camera on the jumbotron focusing in on the event.

Is there a rule now where that's not a penalty/stoppage in play and I'm completely out to lunch?? To me that's the turning point in the game. Yes Elliott sucked taint all night. But it was 2 screw jobs that helped contribute to the loss. Perry at the bench, and the high stick. Unreal.
This a thousand times over. Yes the goal was weak but it never should have happened.

I was at the game and it was blatantly obvious the play should have been called dead right with that scrimmage at the Flames bench...and an official was RIGHT there and never stopped play.

To me that was the turning point in the game.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post: