View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #91
meritmat
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ok folks I'm a white farmer, not much diff from Gerald other then I doubt live by a reserve.

Heres the deal.

You drive into my yard, try to steal my stuff, run into my side swipe my vehicle. Start assaulting my wife your going to have a gun pointed at you. I have followed this trail from the beginning. Its sad a young person lost his life. But a man was just defending his castle.

It is a crying shame how CBC has made the farmer out to be a villain. That day Gerald and his son were out fixing fence, just trying to make a living, these kids have been out drinking at a lake. They were driving around drunk the whole time, they got a flat tire, they drove on the rim to an another farm 15km away and tried stealing a truck, they used a guns butt to try and smash out a window. When they could not get the truck going, they left and drove on the rim to Gerald Stanley farm. Tried the same thing. Sadly one lost his life over it.

One thing to think about, since a lot of us farmers live in the middle of no were, your looking 1-2 hours response time for the RCMP to get there. The cops are not always going to be there in the nick of time.

Also if this was a bunch of drunk/stoned white kids, would this even make the news?

And of course JT is these pandering to the Natives because hey it will buy votes..

Put your self in Geralds shoes, what would you do?

Sorry for typos

Last edited by meritmat; 02-11-2018 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Sorry for typos
meritmat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meritmat For This Useful Post: