View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 05:52 AM   #49
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

One, at best. Treliving’s job is to make the team better and manage our assets so we have some level of organizational sustainability. Under Treliving he has done very little to improve the team or address needs during the course of the season. He’s shown a propensity to swing for the fences in the off season, but does sweet #### all in changing course during the season when weaknesses become obvious. This was just another deadline deal where needs were not addressed.

When I judge Treliving’s performance at the “deadline” I’m looking at a much larger window. To me the deadline window opens at All Star break, and that’s when the dealing starts. All teams know their strengths and weaknesses and you make deals based on those situations. Treliving knew we needed another scoring forward and failed to get that done. He knew he had some expiring contracts that had some good value and failed to make deals while he could. He then bled assets at bring in more players on expiring contracts which didn’t address a single gaping hole in the system. He went to market with a shopping list that told him we need eggs, milk, and butter, and he brought home canned ham that expires in 60 days, when the pantry already has several cans of expiring canned ham. This was just a big failure all around.

I think this won’t sink in with people until the Flames miss the playoffs or get humiliated again in the first round and we’re left to pour through the ashes of yet another failed season under Brad Treliving. When were left to look at what lies ahead and see we have more UFAs on the blueline than we do signed players who played 10 games for the club. We will have three signed blue liners for next season, and a whole bunch of nothing to show for the others. We’ll still have the exact same problems as we did but with less assets to work with.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post: