View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 01:34 PM   #29
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Firstly, this isn't the Emmy's. The Emmy's are the ones that give undeserving awards because of the run of a show.
Return of the King says hi. But this is also kind of my point. There are story arc payoffs in Endgame that reach back to films from a decade ago, and yeah not all of those films are award worthy, does that mean this isn't? How do we go about recognizing that from a storytelling standpoint in this medium?

Quote:
Secondly, Endgame wasn't even as good as Infinity War. So if Infinity War didn't receive a bunch of awards, why would its weaker sequel?
I agree and also thought Infinity War should have been nominated for a couple awards, and was a better movie than Black Panther, which while good, was only nominated so the academy could look "woke".

Quote:
The Oscars being slow to adapt doesn't mean that the score of Endgame is deserving of an Oscar. It's an irrelevant aside. Marvel movie scores are pretty generally accepted as being banal.
That means there can't be standouts? Star Wars is nominated. It's been the same score for 40 years. Because it's awesome. So was the LOTR score. So is Harry Potter. So is the Avengers score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
People cheer in the theatre for a theme? holy disney fanboys!
It's not like a few people man. You go to these movies within the first few days of release and it's literally like being a sporting event. People cheer when Thor shows up to save the day in Wakanda, people cheer when Cap picks up Thor's hammer. People yell "Oh f**"! when Thor decapitates Thanos. People lose their minds when Cap says "Avengers, assemble." Like the whole theatre. Not a few nerds in the back. It's a different type of movie experience that's my whole point.

Last edited by Coach; 01-13-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote