View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 04:55 PM   #14
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had to contact the ombudsman at Sunlife after an obvious screw up on their part. And while I figured it was a waste of my time after a dozen back and forths with their customer service, they actually--surprisingly!--reverse their decision

In my case I phoned to inquire whether a drug was covered (and I record calls these days for my own purposes) and was told yes, and that there was no maximum coverage annually. The drug was something like $1100 per month

Something like March or April rolls around and my drug coverage is maxed out for the year, because it turned out there was a maximum. I can't stress how much this would have absolutely screwed me, as I have a number of health problems that all seem to be very expensive to treat

When I contacted the ombudsman, I also CC'd every level of manager whose email I had obtained, and laid the whole story out and spoon-fed it for them. I never sent them the recording of the call (I'm not even sure how, it's like 300MB from my phone), but I did give them the dates and times and a word-for-word transcription, and I'm sure someone eventually dug it up and listened. It still ticks me off that I had to take it that far
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote