View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 11:36 AM   #483
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
You're not feeling a sales tax in your circle? Get outta town.

Just like any major life change, there is no perfect time, and there's no sign it's going to get easier in the long run even if we keep kicking this down the road.

If you have to make a hard decision, you do it when times are good, so you can mitigate the damage to people and province when times are bad.

A sales tax can help fund operations, while royalty revenue can help pay back debt and fund the Heritage fund. Then when #### really hits the fan again, operations are sustained, and the larger population base year-over-year are contributing to keeping the lights on in this province.

Maybe instead they can bump corporate taxes back up too. But my guess is the UCP will never consider communist jockeying like that.
What a hugely dickish response but not at all uncommon on CP these days, I guess. I was simply offering a perspective that it isn't feeling like a boom or good time to most people in this province as inflation of the effects of Covid.

It was just an aside to make mention of that it ins't that great right now for many, but I would actually be okay with a sales tax if that's what we need. Like holy ****, there was no ill will or negative feelings intended on my side and that's the sarcastic, childish opening line I get back?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: