View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 01:06 PM   #11
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
How old is your kid? How tall? I can help out with a recommendation. When I first joined FAST the one thing I thought they really lacked was helping new parents with ski/boot/binding selection (and a lot of clubs are similar). It's pretty important to get the right stuff, as well as learning how to properly wax and tune. Once you hit U12 it starts making a huge difference.
Thanks! My boy is turning 10, so I think he is in U12, although I understand there is some flexibility depending on skillset. He is a bit of a peanut, 52 inches tall and 65 lbs.

We are out of Nakiska, and as mentioned there is some help with ski purchases, with a swap in September and a night at one of the retailers to help outfit the kids. I realize all sports are expensive, but I am hoping not to spend a fortune on something with limited use. I suppose we could use the swap next year, but I am not sure what the market is like for kids race skis, used or new.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote