View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 03:07 PM   #1078
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
the timing sucks for United. There's no way they'll sack Ole right now just because Poch is available, it goes against everything they've preached for months (stability, patience, growth, rebuild) and the moral high ground both the club and the fans like to point to. Now if Ole's results deteriorate, things obviously change - but they've actually improved during past weeks, apart from the Bournemouth result. Also, Ole (for all the stick he gets) has actually had a much better 2019 than Poch. Hard to justify canning a club legend in this situation.

I think Poch will take a bit of a break and wait for Zidanes inevitable demise.
I agree that they won't do it, but with OGS they have a problem. It's pretty obvious he's not the answer at this point. Sure, he's had a better year than Poch but that's not exactly a high bar at this stage. Difference is Poch has a track record that makes this year a surprise and I don't think you can say that about Ole.

So you're right that the timing sucks, and there's no way they sack Ole and bring in Poch. It's just that it seems likely that OGS isn't going to last long-term there and a great fit is on the market now.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote