View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #4380
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
Next month after Gulutzan is fired, I will always remember him for putting Troy Brouwer out to take 3 short handed defensive zone faceoffs in a row in a OT loss against the Kings. Meanwhile Monahan, Janko, and even Bennett watched from the bench.
When Treliving beings him in the office for the end of year meetings I hope he shows Gully that "highlight" before he fires him.
I remember that too, and its a really big reason I've been hesitant to cut Gulutzan a ton of slack.

There is no defending those decisions.

And thats what really kills me about Gulutzan. His expectations of his players and his unwillingness to adapt himself.

Its that oft-misconstrued definition of insanity. He kept doing the same thing over and over again and expected different results seemingly oblivious that there was always more than just one force or factor at play.

And finally the fact that over the course of 82 games all of these consistently repeated mistakes cost points.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote