View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #155
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cral12 View Post
Just curious as to your experiences with it so far, how it performs (compared to advertised features), and any comparisons to any other drones you might have used (if you have).
Ill do my best to fill you in.

For other drones I also owned a P3Pro and an inspire 1V2. The inspire was very very hard to transport and I sold it in February of this year. I still have the P3pro.

The spark is tiny, almost scary tiny in comparison to the other drones I have owned. Oddly enough it flies extremely well in wind, better than I thought it would. It flies better than any other drone I have owned when it comes to indoors or tight spaces. Even flying it with just a phone and not the controller is much easier than the bebop or AR drones I owned years ago. It is extremely responsive and stops almost on a dime. It is not a drone that is made for long distances, I have noticed that in congested area's it gets around 200m before video starts getting choppy.
*Before people jump all over me on the Drone laws in Canada I want to point out that ready to fly weight of the Spark is 279g (weighed by me) and after doing 3 things I found online I was able to get the weight down to 248g which makes the drone not applicable to the transport Canada regulations but also completely voided my warranty. I do not fly it around my neighbourhood but i do fly it at our cabin in BC and at a campsite which is privately owned.

I absolutely love the drone for filming my family out camping or at our cabin. I will fly it out over the water to film them jumping off the dock or my daughter on the tree swing etc etc. I absolutely hate the way it lands as I have cut my hand about 6 times since I bought it because landing in your hand is nowhere as easy as they make it seem in the videos. The spark is very sturdy and seems like it can take some hits but the propellers are fragile. Its slower than my other drones were which makes the 12 minute battery not the best for long excursions. The bottom line I feel about this drone is if you use it like me which is to film your family or similar then its great, if your buying it to get amazing arial pictures of structures or landscapes this is not the drone your looking for as the battery will not give you the time to get the footage you require. I have not used the gesture feature once so I cannot comment on that.