View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 07:45 PM   #95
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
from people who have been is the Front of the Line ticket at Universal Hollywood really worth it? Looks like most popular rides (Mummy, Transformers, and Jurassic) all open at 10 am. If we buy online we'll get early access to the park and can go to Harry Potter land from 8-9:30 ish and then go do the other rides.

It's $450 CDN more to get the fast pass. We're in disneyland Friday-sunday then driving to Universal and spending the day there Monday March 27. I'm thinking we should be good without them but wondering peoples experience.

27th is going to be a long day, we're driving back to phoenix that night to spend 6 days with grandparents so I'll be pounding the Monster energy drinks!
Just got back home today from our trip. Both Disney and Universal were very busy, lots of spring breakers from Canada and the U.S. there. We went to Universal on Friday, we went on a shuttle that had people from several hotels, we didn't even leave Anaheim until around 9. By the time we dropped some people off in Hollywood and got up to Universal it was about 11. We went to the Harry Potter area first (pretty awesome scenery there, I was pretty blown away, if you like Potter at all you gotta go), got in line for the big Potter ride (name escapes me right now) and it was about an hour line up. Lots of people with fast passes or whatever they're called walked by and I gotta say I was pretty jealous. There's a small roller coaster there that was about a 15 minute wait that lasted fro about 30 seconds, pretty disappointing but good for smaller kids. We then headed to the lower level and Jurrasic was about 30-40 minute wait, Mummy was about 20, Transformers was about 30-40. After that we only had time for the Simpsons ride, the Studio Tour ride, and more time spent in the Potter area before our day was wrapped up.

Obviously the times I gave change by the hour, just letting you know what we found on Friday. I will say if we could afford it, especially going for only 1 day, I'd get the front of the line passes to make sure you see everything you can. If you get those passes and get there early you should see quite a bit more than we did. We were just there about 6 years ago so we have seen most of it, but would have been nice to see more this time around.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post: