View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 12:03 PM   #46
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
With all due respect, this is incredibly naive thinking on your part.

As I mentioned previously, the entire system is set up to make it easy for staff to cheat but protect the managers and executives. It is really easy to speak in such a way that encourages the behaviour without a manager having to implicate themselves.

And TD is almost certainly aware of the behaviour and turning a blind eye towards it. Easy to publicly deny it and talk about their code of ethics but implicitly both support and enable the behaviour.
Is it naive or is it responding to the information we have at hand?

I never said that there is no chance TD is directing their people to do this, nor did I say it was impossible they have created a culture where this was expected, even if not outright stated. However, we don't know the real situation is, all we know is that there are a lot of employees who felt that to they had to do these things to meet their targets.

It could be any number of things going on:
1) Bad employees who can't meet reasonable sales targets
2) Unreasonable sales targets that accidentally created a culture where some employees felt they needed to break the rules to meet them
3) Unreasonable sales targets that lead to creating a culture where most employees felt they needed to break the rules to meet them
4) TD using sales targets to intentionally push their employees to break the rules to increase revenues at all costs

Those choices run the gambit from a well governed company with a lack of oversight on it's employees, to a company that doesn't understand it's employees needs/abilities, to outright criminal activity. Saying I'm naive because I'm not jumping to the conclusion that it is the worst of that is a bit much.