View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 10:36 AM   #51
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
So what your saying in this country is that Trudeau isn't a qualified Prime Minister with a qualified platform. That no Western Government that wins in spite of the popular vote is legitimate.

Popular vote is irrelevant in their election system and ours. So why complain about it, it means nothing. Under their laws Trump's election results carried the victory and he is the legitimate president with a legitimate platform.

Or would you be complaining about Hillary as president if she won with a minority popular vote. Would you be sitting here today if Hillary was being inaugurated musing that she was an illegitimate president with an illegitimate background.
First off I'm not saying anything about Trudeau. I don't follow Canadian politics.

Second off, once again, I am not questioning legitimacy of the election or anything like that. Could I not be more clear on that point? I used the word legitimate in terms of his platform referencing the fact that many of his idea are not realistic.

Lastly, I would be complaining if Hilary had lost the popular vote and won the electoral. Believe it or not, I was not particularly enthused by her candidacy and some people are actually capable of being unbiased.