View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 09:19 AM   #616
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Disappointed in Ambrosie. I thought we had a real winner when he was hired. Former player, business savvy, lots of enthusiasm and passion for the league (something Orridge did not have). Turns out he has no clue what to do. He has handled this Covid situation very poorly. I just hope they can regroup for next year.

I would cancel the season and spend the next year preparing for an all out relaunch of the league. Fix the leagues financial model (higher player salaries, lower operating costs), create a new CBA, advertise the #### out of the league and hype it up (celebrate its history, but modernize it). Find some celebrity boosters and outside financial assistance (should have approached The Rock to invest his 15million). I would do a few rule changes to speed up play, increase safety, and increase excitement.

I would assume every player becomes released from their contract so it would be a huge “free agent frenzy”. Imagine if each day was a different day to select certain positions. Today is QB signing day, tomorrow is receivers. Imagine the parity that would come out of this!
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Familia For This Useful Post: