View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 06:57 PM   #70
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I think the exception I would have to this is that we shouldn't need to know the reasons why they have chosen to opt out. If all of the reasons for doing so are not largely made public we have no choice but to assume they are all valid.
No, we don't at all have to assume they're valid. Why would we have to assume they're valid? Just how we wouldn't have to assume they're invalid reasons. We wouldn't know. It would be just as correct to judge players for opting out as it would be to not judge them for opting out- strictly logically speaking.

This is the problem with always taking the easy way out, or always taking the 'politically correct' way out that you think warrants getting the most 'thanks' on Calgarypuck.

This is why I spoke up in the first place... people saying we shouldn't judge. Wrong. We don't know if we should judge, and these people are celebrities and usually celebrities have to put up with this kind of thing given the money, fame and platforms they have. They are in fact and should be held to higher standards than others, and that is why they may (fairly or unfairly) be judged by people in society.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote