View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 12:05 AM   #9
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Luxury wise...

There's something better about a jiffy pop made over a fire.
Glow sticks and glow stick poi is fun.
A decent sized rug in front of the tent for taking off shoes is a luxury.
A cold watermelon is ####ing awesome after a hot hike.
Electric scooter for errands is awesome (ie: trash drop off or fire wood runs)
Clothes pins for drying stuff on the tarp lines without it blowing away.
I used to swear by an Aeropress for coffee while camping. But I realized I never finished it before it got cold. I like espresso or americano from the Nanopresso more now... But I also never had yeti mugs in the past.
Cornhole/Bocce/viking bowling... Loser does chores.
Telescope? Find a field at night.
A string of orb lights and 4-6 solar powered firefly lights make for an amazing ambiance around a camp fire, as long as your site doesn't have a bunch of lamp posts by it.
Don't bring eggs in a carton. Waste of space and fragile. Crack them into a Gatorade bottle or similar, add oil/butter, cheese, chives etc and just pour when it's time to cook.
Premake meals in freezer bags that you can just straight up pour into pan to cook. Longer marinade flavor and less dicking around with oil and college dorm caliber space saving seasoning supplies.
Hammocks are comfy
USB jump starter. Someone always somehow does something like leaving a light on in the car or car door open most of the day and borderline kills the battery by day 2 or 3.
Electric pump. Don't manually pump things like mattresses, floaties, bike tires etc. Get one for car tires like those in proper emergency kits in case tour car tire gets soft. Use it. No one likes spending 20-30 minutes on a foot pump. Don't forget to have engine running when using it. (See USB jump starter).
Memory foam topper to put on air mattress or put on floor of van when it's too cold and damp in tent.

I've done the vast majority of these things. A handful I've seen other people do and I was jealous AF.

Last edited by DoubleF; 06-07-2023 at 12:07 AM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: