Thread: HBO/Crave
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 06:40 AM   #176
Deegee
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
See, it depends what you are looking for. I thought it improved over the course of time as the characters each evolved over several seasons, so if you are impatient after episode 3, maybe I can’t offer anything.

There are longer term character arcs. There is a sense of realism I admired. Investigations proceed unevenly, and likely comparatively naturally to many series.
Sometimes things happen (deliberately) without foreshadowing. People may pursue a logical lead in a case that turns up being nothing, but then something may emerge. Not necessarily in a convenient for people to think they are clever because they picked up the writer’s clues all the time.

There is a great episode in season 4 with a major largely unforeseen event, and it is bloody well fabulous. Because the timing is not predictable or in hindsight, in visible line with foreshadowing, and then the actors deal with the aftermath in a natural way, as it is as surprising to them as it is to the viewers.

So yeah, really depends what you are looking for. The story being told, or how it’s told (or what blend of the two)

Back to disregarding the thread topic, if you want a cliffhanger every episode, and a guilty pleasure, watch Money Heist on Netflix. You will absolutely know if you are in or out after 3 episodes.
Really felt season 3 was poor, but glad we kept going. For the most part, really like Bosch overall. Characters seem to mesh well.
Deegee is offline   Reply With Quote