View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #5801
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
No doubt in my mind he would be lights out on this team.. I could see him fitting in well with Bennett/Jankowski ~ that line would be a possession monster for the opposition... absolute nightmare to contain and I could see him fitting great with Tkachuk/Backlund as well.

As for said cost... again like above I think we might have to see a guy like Frolik going the other way and that's not to say that I'm not a Frolik fan.. I think someone said in another thread that Hudler is the best free agent signing they'd seen in their time as a Flames fan; I see Frolik definitely making that short list he's been awesome so far for us but I could see this as a potential upgrade and a chance to spread the scoring. Cost is going to be a roster player and considerable futures for a guy like Simmonds though.

Frolik
Fox
Gillies
Mid pick

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Bennett - Jankowski - Simmonds
Tkachuk - Backlund - Hathaway
Mangiapane - Stajan - Brouwer

I don't know if that's enough or too much but Simmonds would be a sick fit here no doubt; he is approaching 30 and will be next year during his contract season but he would fit in nicely.
Simmons can be a beast... that's why i doubt Philly would trade him... i could be wrong but i am sure the price wouldn't be that different from the Kane ask, which, according Dreger has bumped up a little:

Quote:
But there are teams out there who now say that Jason Botterill, the General Manager of the Sabres would like as many as four pieces and included is also an NHL roster player. So you don't get what you ask for unless you ask for it first.
https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-c...ssets-1.970017

you'd have to think all three of those guys won't be cheap, but i don't think there are that many buyers out there willing to part with that much...

it depends on how long BT thinks the window is, because the acquisition price substantial

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 01-16-2018 at 08:05 PM.