View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #11
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe31 View Post
Sorry to bump such an old thread, didn't know where else to ask!

I'm heading down to Phoenix (technically Mesa) in the middle of April. I've been before, but don't really feel like I've taken advantage of what the whole Phoenix area has to offer.

I'll be going to a Coyotes/Stars game (April 13). For those of you who have gone to a game in Glendale before, what's your advice for tickets? By that I mean, should a person simply buy the cheapest tickets and then just sit somewhere better, or are the ushers/security pretty sticky about that?

Any golf course recommendations in Mesa?

Any other activities/places of interest that anyone would recommend?

my wife and i went to phoenix a couple years ago - we had a ton of fun

for the coyotes games - we went to 2. one was midweek and one was on the weekend. the midweek game was soooooooo empty. the weekend game (either a friday or saturday) was pretty full. a friend on mine has an 'in' with the coyotes and had arranged for us to pick up tickets at the arena. we were in the lower bowl for both games and i think it was maybe $50-60 total for both tickets.

i'm not sure if you're a shopper (i'm not), but my wife dragged me to an outlet mall - the outlets at anthem http://www.outletsanthem.com/
she absolutely loved it and i followed her around for what seemed like an eternity carrying bag after bag of clothing. they had really good prices. my wife signed up with them online before we left kelowna and was able to save an additional 5-10% on the already good deals.... but go early. we were there first thing in the morning and it was ok. by early afternoon it was a gong show of people

i'm not sure how much you want to drive, but we also went to sedona and the grand canyon - both were really cool

have fun - hope you have a great trip!