View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #6
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe31 View Post
Sorry to bump such an old thread, didn't know where else to ask!

I'm heading down to Phoenix (technically Mesa) in the middle of April. I've been before, but don't really feel like I've taken advantage of what the whole Phoenix area has to offer.

I'll be going to a Coyotes/Stars game (April 13). For those of you who have gone to a game in Glendale before, what's your advice for tickets? By that I mean, should a person simply buy the cheapest tickets and then just sit somewhere better, or are the ushers/security pretty sticky about that?

Any golf course recommendations in Mesa?

Any other activities/places of interest that anyone would recommend?
I have gone a couple times to the Coyotes and my advice is to buy from the scalpers. Last year in what I hoped was the last ever home game for the Coyotes there were a few guys with handfuls of tickets for sale. I think we paid like $20-$30 for pretty good seats. There is a zone outside the stadium for scalpers, and negotiate hard with those guys!

I would definitely recommend a ballgame. The park is amazing and its definitely worth it. Again we paid roughly $7 each for tickets and sat wherever we wanted. I'm flying a day early this year just to go to another game there.

As far as golf courses, I've played a bunch of courses there. My favorite is probably Las Sendas. Its a desert course and I like that because its so different from what I can play here, and the costs are reasonable if you play in the heat. I've played a bunch of great courses there though. The thing I find is that more and more its not a great deal. Factor in the 10% exchange now and I think its about the same for a round as it is here, but maybe I'm just cheap!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: