View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 06:30 PM   #9621
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I'm happy that the jays made the wildcard and everything but I'm not only one that doesn't consider making the wildcard making the playoffs right? I mean major league baseball can say that it means you made the playoffs but I think it's just a one game play-in to make the real playoffs.

If the Jays lost, God forbid, there's no way that if I was talking to someone next year about the previous season I would say "hey at least they were a playoff team last year". No. They made the one game wild-card play in or tiebreaker or whatever you want to call it but I would not refer to it as "playoffs". I reserve using the term playoffs for the ALDS, the ALCS or the World Series.

Again ignoring what major league baseball calls it, I personally consider a one game tiebreak to get into the wild card as no different than the wildcard game itself, in terms of just being a tiebreaker and not "real" playoffs.
It's the postseason, you can argue all you want but by definition it is after the season. I'm sure that is why MLB goes with the term postseason rather than playoffs.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote