View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 10:17 AM   #1
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Upcoming 7 Days of Hell

For the first time I can remember (certainly in the 20 years of having Flames season tickets), 4 games in the next 6 days at home, 5 games in 7 overall.

Borderline unfair, the difference really being the extra game vs the Oilers game which is a Covid carryover game. Surely that could've been scheduled somewhere else given the teams' proximity to each other.

After a highly charged game last night, a plane ride home, a deserved day off today, because things get mad crazy this week:

Oilers Monday - we need to beat them, it's the toilet dwelling Oilers Stanley Cup
game they get up for and always emotional. Oilers have had as much rest as we have, playing last night.

Caps Tuesday - Back at it the next day again Ovechkin. Caps played last night, they will watch us play the Oilers tomorrow from their Calgary hotel room.

TB Thursday - Powerhouse high flying Tampa in a game likely similar to last night. Tampa plays tonight and Tuesday.

Wings Saturday (5pm) - A bit of a let off vs a weaker team, but and odd local start time. Wings play Tuesday and Thursday.

Avs Sunday away. A flight to Colorado after playing the Wings. 2nd back to back in less then a week vs the Avs again, looking for some revenge. Avs will have a few days rest coming in, playing Tuesday and Thursday.

Flames then will be off for 2 nights before Wednesday next week.

This really is a very critical week for the Flames team this season, and I don't mean standings or results wise. As high as I am on the team, and the system they have embraced under Sutter and the intensity involved, this is a tough slog against 3 really good teams, 1 team that will try harder than they do against any other team in the league.

Mentally it will be draining to match a Tampa on Thursday after 2 games already played, or Avs next Sunday after 4 games since last night and another flight there on a back to back.

Physically is the biggest concern for me, there has to be real concern about fatigue and resultant injury with any stretch of this amount of games in these nights, again, against, with the intense effort that Sutter demands to play his system, against some tough opponents who don't have this same stretch of games now, or all season.

Getting leads and playing from ahead will be key as it always is, to allow all 4 lines to run each game as much as possible. Do we see a Stone draw in? Certainly should see Ruzicka and Richardson and others, and a healthy dose of Vladar.

I will say a record 2-2-1, and be happy to come out with no key injuries.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post: