Old 10-15-2020, 11:40 PM   #2512
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Interesting look at the Wednesday Night Wars numbers for AEW and NXT

https://nodq.com/news/604799569.shtml

AEW has slid from their heights of over a million people to one of their worst rated shows since July, and I believe this week was their one year anniversary show.

NXT dropped nearly 100,000 viewers since last week.

This can't be written off to NBA basketball, baseball might have taken a bite, though I have my doubts about it.

Chris Jericho has become strangely quiet about the ratings.
Eh, those are still ratings and demo numbers that TNT and AEW will be happy to take.

There are some things I've been annoyed with lately. Cody coming back with a new look and everything just to end up being the same old Cody was stupid. I also didn't like him going over Brodie Lee so quickly. I would have had Brodie destroy the entire Nightmare Family for weeks and then make Cody run the entire Dark Order gauntlet before he faced the final boss.

I think a few things that are plaguing AEW right now is a lack of continuity and unpredictability. For instance, whole Kenny/Young Bucks angle that happened right after Omega and Page lost the tag titles ended up going nowhere.

In terms of unpredictability, I haven't felt like there have been any surprise winners since Brodie Lee demolished Cody. I guess Orange Cassidy going over Jericho twice kind of counts, but that was always what the smart booking should have been.

Now we're getting a big 4-way tag match next week where The Young Bucks are obviously going over to set up a match with FTR and a tournament that looks like it's obviously going to be Hangman vs. Kenny in the finals. I could be wrong and maybe they pull a swerve, but that's what it looks like to me.

The only storyline that has me particularly interested at the moment is the MJF/Jericho stuff.

I also have no idea why they're running Sammy Guevara vs. Matt Hardy again. Just let Sammy go over and move him onto bigger and better things.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post: