View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #2511
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still don't get the appeal for AEW and with so little else to do I watch it every week. Guess I listen to Jim Cornette too often.

Really the only interesting/fresh takes in wrestling right now is Roman and Bayley/Sasha. I think I'd like NXT more if they showed the entire show live on Wednesday as opposed to the one hour version on Friday's. Drew/Orton has been okay... but don't see the need for it to continue. Both have done fine work overall, just why does Orton keep getting rematches when he's lost twice already? I'm looking forward to Bryan returning, although I really miss heel Bryan.

I find it somewhat funny that Lana is going for the title and has somewhat of a story going, meanwhile Rusev/Miro is being bogged down in the midcard out in AEWland. Maybe that'll change, but doesn't appear to be anytime soon.

I enjoy some of the optics in AEW like the win/loss records and matches seem to matter more. But then again it seems like anyone can get a title shot at times, and win/loss record really is irrelevant.

Also I know this is nitpicking, but does anyone notice that WWE guys and guys who were once in WWE are all in better shape athletically and just look the part. I know ascetics play a small role. But whenever I watch AEW most of the wrestlers come off as tiny or out of shape compared to their WWE counterparts. Even recent WWE performers like FTR, Miro, Hagger, and Spears are just in better shape than most.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote