View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 01:57 PM   #167
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

One of the coolest coaching moments for me, and I'll remember it for a long time was when I was OC with the Cowboys, and when I was running our insertion, I was called over to the side line by our head coach. Of course I was irritated because I was inserting some option plays that I had drawn up. But telling a coach to wait just a damn minute is bad form.

So I jogged over the side line and was introduced to a couple of UofC coaches, and I spent some time talking with them about what I was running and why, and then they switched over to asking me who my standouts were, and they wanted to know more about things like physical skills etc. I pointed out 2 or 3 players and talked about their ability to absorb the play book, and their work in the off season, and how they asked the right questions. I spoke about how they'd improved over last year, and any road blocks that they had encountered. It was a really cool conversation.

One of those players was signed by the Dino's and would have been in his first year this year, it sucks that he's going to miss key development, but things like this are the reason that I love coaching.

A few years back when I was coaching high school ball, we had three players from our defense that got to go out and play at universities out East.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: