Thread: 2020 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 06:16 AM   #53
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESRULE View Post
So I read that motorsport article. I still don't like it. It is a grey area between suspension and steering components and being able to change steering only (in multi axis and at different rates). But...they're still changing the toe angle, which is absolutely a suspension variable (and steering, and arguably aerodynamic as well).

So I think Merc will run with it in Oz and someone will protest for sure. That then forces the FIA to make a concrete decision.

I'd love to hear how much they think it'll help. I think their goal is improving high speed corners and straight-line speed.
I had read one of the benefits is by straightening the wheels on the straights they reduce tire wear, which makes sense. It cold also be used to increase friction and warm up the tires quicker.

I'm not convinced toe angle is suspension, or that it would be considered an aero part. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they get to keep it. I kinda think they should. Bizarre innovation like this is what keeps the cars interesting.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote