View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 10:16 AM   #20
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Updated post 1 with the gameplay trailer.

...actual gameplay does not look visually impressive to me.
This to me is the issue with a fast paced game like hockey... once the game gets moving, it just doesn't look all that different past a certain point. You can go back a few years even and zoom into small details in a replay and they actually look pretty stunning. In a real-time game though, you'd never notice them.

The stick physics look cool and hopefully that changes the feel. I don't know... the keys they seem to be focusing on for this years game don't really speak to me. The perks sound pretty arcade-like all around. So instead of just having a high rating for shot release, we have to apply a power-up? And when we do, we get a special replay that looks Xtreme? I'm excited to try the beta and I'm sure I'll buy the game, but I'm not losing much sleep waiting for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickazzflames View Post
For 22.. If you like to play with buddies or HUT, keep in mind this year that there is no cross gen play. That means if you have the Series X version or the PS5 version you cannot play with Xbox One or Ps4 players.

And still no cross console play.. so this year the player base is split into 4 groups.

If you just play be a pro and franchise this wont matter much to you.
This is probably my favourite feature. It makes me feel like the PS5 version won't just be an upscaled port of the PS4 version, so maybe there can be more room for next-gen specific improvements. In all likelihood it'll _actually_ mean growing pains, but that's ok.

Last edited by Russic; 08-26-2021 at 10:18 AM.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote