View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 09:56 PM   #11
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I understand limiting entrance to fans and how they can do that but can someone smarter than me please explain to me how these businesses can legally force their employees to get this vaccine under threat of losing their employment? Do we not have laws to prevent this?

Genuine question. I’m curious as to if they can actually do this from a legal standpoint.
Here an article by a law talkin’ guy about charter challenges and universities. It gives some good insight as to why it is allowed.

https://fauw.blog/2021/08/11/no-a-va...hts/#more-1713

A few quotes but it’s a short article and worth reading the whole thing.

Quote:
It is true that the broad liberty interests of unvaccinated individuals are affected by limiting where they can go, by instituting employment requirements, and by having their privacy intruded on by being required to disclose their vaccination status. Yet we already place limitations like this in many circumstances. Ontario schoolchildren have, for many years, been required to provide proof of vaccination to attend school. Smokers are not allowed to smoke in indoor public spaces, because we recognize the dangers of second-hand smoke.

In short, one person’s liberty interests end where the rights of others begin. We cannot allow people to invoke rights in the name of behaviour that produces incontrovertible harm to others.
Quote:
We should dismiss simplistic arguments that employment conditions in the valid pursuit of health and safety are unconstitutional (indeed, there are other laws that require employers to take reasonable action to ensure the health and safety of employees and customers).
Quote:
Even then, sometimes accommodations don’t work or aren’t feasible, and health and safety rules ought to take precedence if the risks are high enough and other accommodations constitute an undue hardship for the employer.
Basically, vaccines undeniably work, the circumstances allow for reasonable measures given the public health emergency and the health and safety of the general populace outweigh a persons right to infect and endanger others.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 08-25-2021 at 10:04 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: