View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 10:59 AM   #5
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobasew19 View Post
Thanks again CofR!

Sidenote, anybody know why TSN/Sportsnet/CBC isn't showing some of the events live? I streamed the Judo yesterday 1/2 hour before it aired on TV. Same thing with Tennis, they didn't show both of the Fernandez matches live. I find it very very strange.
I think they just prioritize certain live events and then squeeze in the other events at other times. They really don’t make it easy to find out which events will be shown where, so the streaming option I find myself using frequently until I can locate if an event is being shown live on tv. I also wish they made it clearer which things are being shown are exactly live and which are repeats or on a delay. I’m lucky enough to figure it out quickly, but I know some of my older family members who are less tech savvy get sucked in to watching events that had already occurred and then they get annoyed when they find out it wasn’t live.

Despite all my complaining I recognize how lucky we are in Canada to receive the coverage that we do from the CBC. Having several different sports on different channels being carried live is something I’m thankful for. And the CBC Olympics website and app are both easy to navigate and I haven’t had any issues this year with streaming.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote