View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 07:11 AM   #1798
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post

also, any quotes from yesterday are completely outdated. I can see how just after her original declaration of not speaking to media, personalities around the sport would be critical of that. but based on what we know now, I'd be very surprised if anyone out there besides the Piers Morgan types are still telling her to suck it up.
I don't know about that. The tennis world from players to media are really upset. They are being PC and tip toeing around the excuse of mental health but I don't think they buy it. The comments from Nadal and Barty are pretty strong.

Remember the big three don't do press because it promotes them, they make enough on endorsements etc.. its to grow the sport, it's so the guys ranked 100 get to do a press conferences too. The exposure is so great that a first round loser makes $100,000. These are promotional obligations.

And remember, tennis is the only women's sports that anyone watches. I believe the top 10 women's athlete earners are all tennis players.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote