View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 05:07 PM   #13948
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I'll give an example of something I came across the other day. Biden is losing ground with working class blacks and latinos. One of the reasons for that is immigration, but it's not because these folks are racist. It's because lower income communities are the ones that bear the bulk of the burden of supporting incoming, undocumented migrants.

The example I saw was a black community organizer speaking about rebuilding their community, upgrading community centres to provide after school programs for youth, sports facilities, etc. Now said community centres are being used to house migrants and the community feels like it's back to square one in terms of having to raise the funds and do all of that work again without any support from the federal government.

Their argument is that, if housing migrants is such an important issue to wealthy, educated, white liberals, why aren't they being housed in upper class, predominantly white communities, which have way more resources to house them? The dude said that, while he's not going to vote for Trump, this issue was causing anger to be directed towards the migrants and thus pushing black voters in the community into the Trump camp.
I know you don't like him and you probably won't even watch the video but Bill Maher touched on this subject very well about 18 months ago:
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote