Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 04:52 PM   #2375
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
There’s too many damn “Darth’s”. Do they just hand those titles out to any hopeful Sith contender??

There aren't all that many Darth's after Darth Bane created the rule of 2. I mean over 2000 years there were maybe 2 Darth per generation.

The interesting part of it was before the rise of Bane, there would be thousands of Darth's as they would tend to form an army of them. The title had no meaning as you'd basically have Darth Janitor sweeping up in the cafeteria.

Then Bane stated that Darth should be a title that was given to the most powerful of the Sith Lords both as a reward and a warning as taking up the title put a target on your back.

The last Sith in legends to raise an army was Darth Ruin, who was a extremely egotistical former Jedi who actually created order 66 before it was a thing, and used dissatisfied Jedi to kill their masters. Then he made the Sith order all about himself and changed the Sith Code.

There is no passion…there is solely obsession.

There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.

There is no purpose. There is solely will.

There is nothing… Only me.

So of course all the other Darth just jumped him and killed him.

What I found stupid in the sequel trilogy was the whole idea of a Sith Eternal cult. The idea of which goes against the whole nature of the Sith. Palpatine in the PT was using people for the sake of using them, and they never knew he was a Sith Lord and he wouldn't want them too.

Most people in the pre empire and empire didn't even know he was a force user. I think there were only three or four, and his apprentice was one of them. Tarkin didn't even know originally.

Everyone just thought he was originally this heroic public servant dedicated to democracy and saving the republic and turned it into the empire for the good of all. And he was so wise and smart that he had a powerful force user to act as his second in command.

With the Sith eternal there was too much of a chance of betrayal and exposure.

And it looked stupid.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: